Have you noticed that more and more businesses are offering Reward Cards? Have you also noticed that they tend to take up too much space in your pocket book?
Last spring I saw a tutorial for a business card holder, and I immediately thought of my reward cards. My tutorial follows The Crafty Cupboard’s, with some small differences noted in italics. The original tutorial is very, very good…check it out first.
Also because I have a lot of reward cards, I increased the sizing of the fabric.
Here’s the supply list:
2 5 x 6 pieces of fabric (ideally coordinating)
1 5 x 6 piece of fusible fleece
4 5 x 2 1/2 pieces of coordinating fabric
1 child’s hair band to match
* Iron the fusible fleece to the fabric you want on the outside. Fold it in half longwise; mark this spot with a pin on both side and lay flat again. Where one pin is, hand sew your button about 1/2 to 3/4 inch from the edge. Where the other pin is, you will eventually place the hairband.
* Sew 2 pairs of the 5 x 2 1/2 fabric together (right sides in), then turn on the seam and iron.
* Baste the 2 pairs of the 2.5 fabric onto the inside lining fabric. I sewed these down, which I recommend, but if you want to skip the basting, then pin them extra well.
* Put it all together: 1. Fleece side down first, place the child’s band at the second pin, squeezing it together so that 3/4 of the band creates a loop resting ON the fabric, next lay the basted pairs onto the fabric so the pairs are inside.
* Sew it together, leaving a 1 1/2 inch opening on one longside.
* Turn it inside out. Pin the opening together (seams inside) and stitch along the outer edge.
And Viola! Easy Peasy.
Technical Writing (Tutorials) isn’t my forte, so be sure to tell me if something doesn’t make sense or if I’m just plain wrong!!